About this recipe:This soup has an amazing combo of flavors . It is chuck full of essential fiber, enzymes, vitamins and minerals. The beta-carotene in the carrots is essential for cell growth and a strong immune system. The drizzle of olive oil in the soup is essential because carrot is fat-soluble so its nutrition will be better absorbed. Do not worry too much about the sugar content that is present in carrots by keeping it to a bowl a day, your body will be just fine handling this amount. Plus with the super alkalizing effects of the raw asparagus it will give you a nice boost of energy.
• 1 c. green asparagus, woody ends cut off and cut into 2 inch pieces
• 1 c. carrot juice
• 2 T. raw tahini (or almond butter)
• 1 t. union, chopped
• 1 t. Nama Shoyu or wheat free soy sauce
• pinch of salt & pepper to taste
• drizzle of olive or sesame oil
1. Put the first five ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend just enough to create a smooth soup (over-blending will cause unnecessary oxidation which results in loss of nutrients).
2. Taste and adjust the flavors if needed.
3. Poor into two bowls, drizzle some oil, pepper and salt to taste. Decorate with a tip of an asparagus.