Sunday, December 28, 2008

Gluten Free Pizza Pesto


About this recipe:
I never thought making pizza was so easy, I always thought about having to flip up pizza dough above my head but is as simple as just following the instructions on the box. Finally you can decide what exactly what you put on it. Here's a simple pizza pesto.

Ingredients:
• 1/2 box (11 oz.) of pizza mix
• couple of scoops of arugula pesto, to learn how to make it click here
• green veggies to your liking, I used broccoli and sautéd spinach
• 6 sun dried tomatoes, soaked for 2 hrs, sliced finely
• your favorite pizza topping, I used feta but you can easily use a vegan cheese
• pine nuts
• pepper to taste

1. Prepare the pizza dough according to the box. My box told me that one whole box would yield two pizzas. Because I like my dough super thin, I decided to half it. Make sure to half all measurements accordingly. In the end I had enough dough for two thin crust pizzas.
2. After the dough has risen, split it in half. Drop one half on a greased pizza sheet. Spray some canola oil spray on your hands and press the dough out into a nice pizza bottom. Just make sure to make the outside a bit thicker.
3. Drop the pesto on the pizza bottom, spread out evenly with a spatula.
4. Decorate with your veggie toppings. 
5. Sprinkle with the cheese of your choice, sprinkle pine nuts.
6. Bake according to the directions on the box. Mine took 12 minutes at 450F.
7. When done remove from oven, let it cool for just a minute. Score with pizza roller.
8. Refrigerate left overs.

Will make two 13 inch thin crust pizzas.